- 3 tablespoons Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 tablespoon leeks, chopped
- 2 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups Coconut Milk
- 1 cup water
- Heat VCO in a pot over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots, onion, chopped leek, garlic, and ginger, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring often, until vegetables are beginning to soften, about 5–7 minutes.
- Add broth, coconut milk, and 1 cup water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until vegetables are very tender, 20–25 minutes; let cool slightly.
- Working in batches, puree soup in a blender until smooth.